Wednesday, December 19, 2012

123 Cocoa Counting Freebie & MIA

I know I have been MIA for awhile. Last week I started feeling under the weather and just didn't have the energy to do much. Well, Monday came and I still wasn't feeling good and seemed to be getting worse. I decided to go to the doctor and low and behold.....I have the flu. Ugh! I got medicine and proceeded to come home and go straight to bed. About 2 hours later while I was deep asleep, I get a phone call. My daughter had a 102 temperature and I hear her crying in the background. I quickly call my husband who goes and picks her up. I'm now stressing, because I don't want her to have it. Made a phone call to her doctor who will see her that evening at 6:50pm. Ugh! She gets home and my husband gives her tylenol and she goes to sleep. Finally, the time has come and she goes to the doctor. They give her the flu test and it's NEGATIVE. WOOHOO! We give her more tylenol before bed. The next morning, my husband isn't feeling well. Great! Just Great! My daughter is doing better, but now he has a fever. Ugh! Luckily, she got the flu shot so lots of hand washing and santitizing going on. Now to today, I am feeling better, but I got word this morning that my dad has the flu. Oh, boy!

Also, my heart goes out to all the families, students, and staff of Sandy Hook Elementary School. My friend's husband's fraternity brother lost his little girl that day. I can't even imagine the pain they are all going through. I cry for them everyday and wish there was something that I could do to help with their pain.



Now in order to make up for all the missed days, I will be having several freebies a day. Here is one to start today. It is called "123 Cocoa Counting". Your students need to identify the missing numbers on the cocoa cups with marshmallows. It also includes 2 worksheets and is common core aligned.




Please leave a comment and Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kimberly Ann said...

This is great! Thanks for sharing! I hope family feels better soon!

Kimberly Ann
Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

Jessica F said...

Yikes I missed this one too! Looks absolutely adorable!

~Jessica
Fun in PreK-1