This week has finally ended. FCATs are done for the most part (my husband teaches Fifth Grade and they have 2 days of Science next week). We managed to stay quiet during our lockdown time for testing. Yeah! : )
On another note, I wanted to post pictures from our Lima Bean Greenhouses last night, but I was so tired that I decided to go to bed early. We finished up our Plant unit last week, but it took our Lima Beans a lot longer to grow.
This is what our beans looked like on Monday after a few days.
By Wednesday our beans had grown a little bit more.
This is what our lima beans looked like today.
Since we finished our Plant Unit last week, we officially started our Insect Units this week. To give you a little insight on my classroom, I teach at a Project CHILD school. Project CHILD is a program that has three teachers working together as a cluster teaching three grades (K, 1, and 2). The students rotate between the three teachers. I teach Reading, while one clustermate teaches Writing and Social Studies and the other teaches Math. We all teach Science to our homeroom students. My homeroom class is Kindergarten.
Now that you got that little glimpse, you'll have a better understanding of why I will be sharing my three different Insect Units. That's right 3!!!! My Kindergartners are doing Butterflies. First Grade is doing Ladybugs and Second Grade is doing Ants. I will share some of the things done so far for the units and posting the units in my TeachersPayTeachers store this weekend. I off to bed as it has been a long week. I can't wait to share with all of you.