Sunday, November 17, 2013

On Top of Spaghetti All Covered with Sounds

On Top of Spaghetti All Covered with Cheese, I lost my poor meatball when somebody...Oh, boy! Can you tell I had that song stuck in my head when I created this new fun literacy activity for my students. My daughter was walking around the house singing this song and I just couldn't get it out of my head. Well, it got me thinking and that sometimes is a bad thing. Ha! I started searching for spaghetti clip art and came across a cute set from Scrappin Doodles. I ended up creating 2 different editions for my students. A made a Beginning Sounds Edition and a Rhyming Edition. Can I tell you that these were a hit with my students? They loved doing the activity and practicing there sounds. Here are some of my little cuties working on the Beginning Sound Edition.

 
 
 
 
 

It's a very simple activity to set up. All you need is the activity set, a colander (I purchased mine at Dollar Tree), and yellow yarn to represent the spaghetti. I place the spaghetti, meatball calling cards, and spaghetti plates in the envelope for easy storage. The students take out the spaghetti and meatball calling cards and place them into the colander. Then, they choose a spaghetti place mat out of the envelope and get ready to play. Each student takes turns taking a meatball from the colander. They read the letter on the meatball calling card. If they have a picture on their card that has the same beginning sound, they place the letter meatball onto their card. If they do not, they place the meatball back into the colander. Each student takes turns until one student has their card filled. The activity is the same for the Rhyming Edition except the meatball calling cards have pictures on the cards. My cuties LOVED this activity.
 
You can find my On Top of Spaghetti Activities by clicking below:
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/On-Top-Of-Spaghetti-Beginning-Sound-Edition-831922
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/On-Top-Of-Spaghetti-Rhyming-Edition-981033
 
 
 
So this week, we will be learning about Thanksgiving. I love all the fun activities we get to do at this time of year. How about you all? Here's a little preview of a Turkey Craftivity that we will be doing this week.
 
 
I can't wait so see my students versions. I'll post pictures of them later this week.
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Turkey-Lurkey-Craftivity-981025
 
 
I also want to introduce everyone to Dayna, who is a first year teacher at my school and has just started her journey on TPT. This is a freebie that she created to use in her classroom and is now offering it in her store for everyone. Enjoy!
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Gobbling-Up-Division-980064
 
Make sure to follow me on Facebook. I'll be offering Flash Freebies very soon!
 

 


No comments: