Saturday, February 7, 2015

Bee My Valentine

So, yesterday was one of those days at school where you have to wrangle your little ones back in from a fun event.  We had our Annual Shark Shuffle which is our school's version of a Walk-a-thon. Kindergarten and First Grade was outside first thing in the morning.  They had a blast! The weather was perfect compared to the day before . We had a cold front come through the day before which brought a  lot of rain. Yesterday, was in the  high 60s in the morning. I know, I know, many of you are  sitting in snow.  



Trying to reel them in after the event was definitely a task.  Super excited Kinders who just  participated in  their first Shark Shuffle was  definitely a daunting task.  I decided before  getting back into the curriculum that we would  work on our fine motor  skills by  making a Valentine craft.  We made  my super cute and easy Valentine Bees. 








Aren't they adorable?  I am so proud of them.  We have come a long way  with our fine motor skills since the  beginning of the year. I had many students who couldn't trace or  even hold their scissors properly. I love all the different versions that they  made.  You can snag  the  tracers for this fun project  here.

Have a  great weekend everyone!

No comments: