Sunday, June 19, 2016

I'm Bringing Play Back Book Study

For years now, I have been wanting to bring back play into my Kindergarten classroom.  We have been told over and over again to take it out of our daily routine. I  know it isn't my administrators fault. It comes from the higher ups. I would occasionally break that rule and allow my students the time to play. I know, I know, I'm a rebel. (Smack the back of my hand.)  But guess what? My students  still succeeded and were able to get a little time to develop the necessary developmental skills they  need. I have been searching for that research based text to help me show those who question me  the proof they need.  Well, I HAVE FINALLY FOUND IT! Woohoo!!!!!!!! (Sorry, for so many exclamations. I am to excited.)

Join me on my  book study on play by  reading  Purposeful Play.  Find it  HERE. I know many of you may be busy with travel plans, but you can always come back and follow along when you can. 

Below are a list of  the dates in which you can come back and  share your thoughts and comments. I can't wait for you to join me. 



1 comment:

Nicki Smith said...

Excited about this. Have spent my summer reading Free to Learn and currently reading about the Reggio Approach. Ordering this book right now.